Sunday, June 14, 2009

In the hospital already...

Well, I planned to be updating this often with fun stories of my summer vacation. Well, that plan has changed quite a bit. Here is how I came to be put on hospital bedrest. On Wednesday the 10th I was shopping at Target with my mom. I felt a few tightenings of my uterus and I called my OBGYN. He asked me to go to Fairview Southdale to be assessed. I went in and they monitored my contractions and gave me a shot of terbutaline. After four hours they let me go home. I went home and laid low for Thursday, but I did feel contractions, but they went away when I laid down. On Friday morning I went from my bed to my reclining lawn chair and had 6 contractions in about 45 minutes. I called my OB and they asked that I come back in. I decided to go in to where my perinatologist is (Fairview Riverside) because it is closer. My mom came with me. The doctors put me on the monitor and saw my contractions. They also saw that my boys looked ok. My perinatologist gave me indocine and kept me on the monitor overnight. On Saturday, my contractions were basically gone and I was feeling better. I was told that I would be staying a few days. On Saturday they took me off the constant monitoring and just checked for an hour twice a day. All checks yesterday and today have shown very few contractions. So the plan is for me to take my last dose of indocine at 6 pm today and then they will monitor to see if there are any changes after the meds wear off. Tomorrow (Monday) they will do an ultrasound to make sure everything looks good, then they will monitor me for any contractions. If all goes well, I will be released on Tuesday. If I start to contract again, my doctor has said there is another drug they will try. I can't take indocine anymore because it causes fetal heart issues with prolonged use. So lets pray that my uterus is calm and quiet from now on! No matter what happens tomorrow I have a long 14 weeks of bedrest ahead of me. Let me know if you have any fun ideas how to keep occupied while on bedrest...

1 comment:

  1. I have lots of fun things we can do while you are on bed rest...but you might get sick of me after a while:) We can tie-dye, swim at my moms, you can practice changing diapers and clothes on Joey, make and write thankyous ('cause I still need to get mine done), I can teach you how to use the creative memories program, we need to update you registries online, need I go on??? Hang in there and call me anytime. I love you dear!

    ReplyDelete